A full 84% of money donated to Charlie’s Place Recovery Center is used for client care. We do not use paid fundraisers to solicit donations.
- Charlie’s Place Supports Breast Cancer Awareness!
- The Making Strides of Corpus Christi walk is on Saturday, October 18, 2014 at 9 am.
- The event will be held at Water Gardens.
- The walk will be held rain or shine, so be sure to check the weather and dress appropriately
- Entertainment: You won’t want to miss the fabulous lineup of entertainment planned prior to the walk! Starting at 7:30 a.m., join us for Zumba and other fun activities. Opening ceremony begins at 8:30am from the stage.
- Merchandise Tent, opening at 7:30 a.m., for some great Making Strides apparel and many other Making Strides items! Only cash and credit/debit cards will be accepted- no checks. A limited number of event T-shirts are available for $15 at the Merchandise Tent.
- Charlie’s Place
Charlie’s Place will be participating in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk for the 4th year! We’ve got our shirts and we’re ready for the 3 miles.
Some of us walk because we’ve lost a loved one, some of us walk because we love someone diagnosed or are ourselves diagnosed, and some of us walk because we don’t want anyone to suffer from this illness anymore. Whatever the reason some down to the bay front and support all of those who walk.
Whether you believe the whole movement is all “pinkwashing” or it’s all legit, let’s talk a bit about breast cancer.
“Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women worldwide and the second-most common cancer overall. In 2014, an estimated 232,030 cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in the U.S. alone. So no matter who you are or where you live, understanding breast cancer is important. But the most important thing to know is this: a diagnosis is not a death sentence. Breast cancer can be treated. The warning signs of breast cancer are not the same for all women. The most common symptoms are a change in the look or feel of the breast, a change in the look or feel of the nipple and nipple discharge.” (komen.org) Continue Reading →
Charlie’s Place, located in Corpus Christi, Texas, on IH-37 and McBride Lane, has provided drug and alcohol rehabilitation for thousands of people since 1965.
Charlie’s Place has dramatically helped thousands of addicts turn their lives around. We are a place for successfully rebuilding broken lives.
The Association of Substance Abuse Programs
The Center earned the nickname Charlie’s Place in honor of one of the founders, Charlie Acken, whose hard work and dedication motivated others to help or be helped.